Multi-Materials PolyJet 3d Printing
The Objet500 Connex is multi-material 3D printing enabling the manufacturing of large models - 500 x 400 x 200mm (19.7 × 15.7 × 7.9 in.). Using patented simultaneous multi-material PolyJet technology, the Objet500 Connex can 3D print models with up to 14 different materials in a single job including color and elasticity gradients with the finest precision amongst 3d printers (16 microns). This provides a realistic rendering of the final product. The system is ideal for designers and engineers to realize complex or assembled products.
Net Build Size
490 × 390 × 200 mm (19.3 × 15.4 × 7.9 in.)
Horizontal build layers down to 16-microns (0.0006 in.)
X-axis: 600 dpi; Y-axis: 600 dpi; Z-axis: 1600 dpi
Material properties range from rubber to rigid, transparent to opaque, and standard to biocompatible. LIPHE offers three choices of material on a regular basis in addition to the range of 12 "digital materials" derived from the combination of rigid and rubber-like materials. More materials are available for special command. Click here for technical specifications.
- + VeroWhite Plus
- + VeroClear
- + TangoBlack Plus
Our 3d printing technology can provide a wide range of application, from conceptual models to highly engineered end-products.
- + Architectural and engineering models or prototypes
- + Direct manufacturing and ready-to-use assemblies
- + Development of prosthesis and medical products
Prepare your model
- + Assure the model is a closed mesh. To verify in Rhino©, use the command "checkmesh" or repair mesh following this TUTORIAL 1 and TUTORIAL 2. If you are using Rhino©, make sure you don't export duplicated surfaces.
- + The model should be located near the point (0,0,0), in the positive quadrant.
- + The units should always be in millimeters.
- + The minimum member size can vary from 0.5mm to 1mm. However, for any parts below 1mm, we are not responsible if any damages.
Export your model
- + Export your model in STL format (binary option) or in Rhino format (3DM)
- NOTE: We will provide a complete verification of the model with Materialise Magics 15.0.
- + If the model have multiple parts or multiple materials, they all should be separate files with the same origin point.
- + To have a maximum of accuracy for curves and NURBS surfaces, choose a high level of triangles. The file should have a maximum of 250 Mo (if you wish to upload the file via this website, the maximum is 10 Mo).
Post-processing your model
- + The material can be painted, varnished of sanded with good results (this service is not offered at LIPHE).
- For more infomation about the products to use for gluing and painting, refer to this GUIDE.