+ The technology was developed in-house by Eric Barnett (PhD) for the production of very detailed ice sculptures with high complexity. It is unique in the world.
Net Build Size
600 x 300 x 190 mm ( 24 x 12 x 7.5 in.)
The ice prototyping technology allows only the use of ice (slighlty whitish) or in special projects, coloured ice.
This technology is mainly used for ephemeral objects in ice.
- + Conceptual models
- + Sculptures
- + Reproductions
Prepare your model
- + Assure the model is a closed mesh. To verify in Rhino©, use the command "checkmesh" or repair mesh following this tutorial.
- + The model should be located near the point (0,0,0), in the positive quadrant.
- + The units should always be in millimeters.
- + The minimum member size is 3mm.
Export your model
- + Export your model in STL format (binary option) or PLY format.
Post-processing your model
- + The process imply a support material that should be removed by the user. However, it is possible to use a kerosene pool for fragile and complex models if the smell isn't an issue.